Monday Mindset: Increase your chances of success by 85%
“You can increase your chances of reaching your goal from 10% to 95% when you go from just thinking about it to deciding what, when, where, how and who.”
Last week I asked the question, “One year from now, what would you like to say, “I did it” to? What did you come up with? Who did you share it with?
Here’s why I ask, the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) did a study on accountability and discovered how the likelihood of completing a goal increases when you:
- Havean idea or a goal: 10%
- Consciously decideyou will do it: 25%
- Decidewhen you will do it: 40%
- Plan how you will do it: 50%
- Commit to someoneyou will do it: 65%
- Have a specific accountability appointmentwith a person you’ve committed to: 95%
You can increase your chances of reaching your goal from 10% to 95% when you go from just thinking about it to deciding what, when, where, how and who. That’s pretty amazing. How did you answer last week’s questions?
Here’s mine. To get to 195 lbs. and maintain that weight. Yep, I haven’t been under 200 in over 25 years. Even when I was training for IRONMAN the best I could do was 215. There it is, I said it. That wasn’t easy to do, but I want to make it happen this year and that’s why I told you.
I’ve know this for a long time, but it was time to share it with you. I’ve had this mindset that it can’t happen and I want to change that this year. What’s important about that goal?
- I want better health which means good blood pressure, good blood sugar and no medication.
- I want more energy. I have a lot I want to get done in my business and I’m going to need it.
- Improved focus to stay on track on what’s most important.
- I want to complete another IRONMAN and not be the final finisher.
I know by sharing that with you, I’ve just increased my chances of accomplishing it. What about you? What’s that one game changing goal for you in 2018 in your business, work or life?
If you haven’t answered that question at the top I really want to encourage you to do it. That one thing that you’ve wanted for so long. Once you answer that, finish the rest:
How (What’s your plan to accomplish it)? __________________
Who (Who will you tell so they can hold you accountable)? _____________________
When (When and how often will you meet)? __________________________
I’m going to ask you to do one more. Share it with me by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to support, encourage and help you WIN in 2018
As I Promised here’s more on Breakthrough Group Coaching I mentioned last week:
I mentioned last week that in January I’m going to launch my first group coaching session. If you’ve had the best intentions, only to disappoint yourself over and over this could be for you. If you’ve quit dreaming this could be for you. If you’re stuck this could be for you. If you know what you want but you’re not doing anything about it, this could be for you.
Why Breakthrough Group Coaching?
Because, according to research by the University of Scranton, 92 percent of people that set New Year’s goals never actually achieve them.
One of the things I’ve learned in the last few years is that, for the most part, we know what to do, we just don’t do it. Knowing the power of accountability, we want to create a safe, supportive, encouraging environment where we can meet regularly, share our successes and challenges and be open and honest about them. Where we can learn with and from each other, hold one another accountable and develop the habits, rhythms and rituals that will not only help us reach our goals, but will equip and empower us to continue to do so.
How will it work?
- Breakthrough Coaching Starts January 11. (There’s some pre-work that you’ll receive once you sign up).
- There are 2 – 1 hour group coaching sessions a month (Video Conference so you can be anywhere and join)
- We’ll report our progress every 2 weeks on our calls.
- You’ll be part of a private Facebook group where we will share wins, challenges, ideas, questions and support and encourage one another.
- Receive a daily motivational email (Daily Mindset).
- It’s limited to 10 people.
- This first group coaching is for men only. This is to create that safe environment I mentioned where you can be open, honest and transparent.
If you’re interested please email me and I will give you the rest of the details. Registration starts one week from Today.